Wednesday, January 12, 2011

$tring Chee$e Rant


I feel like I am going to cry at work right now and as usual, it’s over money.  I was all excited to buy two pre-sale tickets for String Cheese Incident’s Winter Carnival, and the website said they would be $55, which included a $4.00 service fee.  Sweet.  I made sure I had $110 in my bank account, watched the clock like a hawk all morning and clicked to buy tickets the millisecond the magic hour arrived.  I was very, very disappointed to find that there were even more service fees than I expected, putting me over my budget to buy two tickets, so I tried for one.  Since the website wanted $10 per order for shipping, one ticket for String Cheese Incident was going to cost me $71.99.  Did I want to confirm my purchase?

No.fucking.thanks.

I love, I mean I loooove me some String Cheese Incident, and I really, really hope and plan to see them in March, but $72 for one ticket?  Ughhhhhhhh.  So absurd.  All these fucking concerts are absurd.  Furthur is coming in February and those tickets aren’t much cheaper.  It all makes me feel so frustrated and upset because I don’t have extra money to buy tickets in advance and I don’t even understand or support the fact that ticket prices are so high.  Fuck that.  I refuse.  I'm treadin' deep water here.

Why do I constantly spend so much money supporting other peoples’ passions while neglecting my own?  I’m forced to practice very humble living so that I can see the same bands perform?  I sleep on a damn air mattress.  If I put concert ticket money into a piggy bank I could carry out with some much larger events or trips, most likely inspiring me more or altering my life more than Cheese’s Winter Carnival can provide. And I’m sure I can make the $72 go a lot farther than one thee-and-a-half hour indoor Cheese show.

Fuck that.  I’m just pissed.  Only trustafarians or M.E.M.P.H.I.S-ers can afford to keep up with these show prices.  What about us cubicle dwellers who sit for 40 hours/week, dreaming about dancing, having fun and feeling free, but living paycheck to paycheck and unable to afford the damn ticket prices?? 

Ugh.  I think that’s all I have to say for now.  I’m sure I will still see SCI in March, but only if I can justify admission price. 

Where there’s a will there’s a way….

No comments:

Post a Comment